How can there be bad kittens? I look around at the shredded piles of toilet paper and I see only good kittens who sometimes do bad things. That said, it is pretty hard to shake the sense that Tangerine is truly a bad, bad kitten pretending at occasional goodness -- what's with all the glowing demon-eyes in the photos!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

iTunes 8 with Genius


The new Genius feature in iTunes 8 is the best reason yet to have all your CDs ripped into iTunes!

With Genius, you don't have to make all your own playlists - Genius will put together similar music you into a playlist.

The more of your music you have in iTunes, the more interesting will be the Genius playlists generated.

I've got several hundred CDs, so I need to get some big storage to hold all my music.

Early reviews of the Genius complain that Genius often doesn't know what goes together with pretty popular material, like The Beatles or FatBoy Slim. I'm not sure why they had such problems.

With just a few hours of testing, I have found the Genius to be pretty weirdly eclectic, as it mashes together my Sarah McLachan, Moby, and Enigma. Genious did not add in any of my Pumpkins or DefTones or Big&Rich or Mozart to the mix, which would have been pretty jarring. I like Genius a lot!