How can there be bad kittens? I look around at the shredded piles of toilet paper and I see only good kittens who sometimes do bad things. That said, it is pretty hard to shake the sense that Tangerine is truly a bad, bad kitten pretending at occasional goodness -- what's with all the glowing demon-eyes in the photos!!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mystery at the Library.

FYI. I volunteer down at the local library on Saturdays, shelving books mostly, eyeballing the librarians covertly. It's a win-win.

Anyhoo...

I saw the strangest thing today while shelving books. Someone is hiding books!

Oftentimes I find books pinched in behind others. All those books belong on the same shelf and I just tidy things up. Sometimes the book has actually worked its way in behind far enough that it is half-falling down to the next shelf below. Still when I retrieve the book, it is definitely a book that belongs right there in that section. I fix things up -- no big deal.

Today I found four self-help books carefully tucked in behind in the fiction section, one per shelf, sideways in a way no pinched-behind book ever gets. Highly Suspicious!

So, I told the other librarians about it.   OMG, they took it all very seriously.   "Which books were hidden?    Where are the hidden books right now?    Exactly where were they hidden?    Which shelves?    Were they hidden up high or down low?"

I said "hidden down low, obviously, because it was a low down thing to do Ah hahahha."

No one else laughed.